Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Juice Boxes Are So 2010


So..I just don't do juice boxes.  I don't do them in general, but especially not at parties.  I just feel like the kiddos are already getting enough sugar with the cake, cookies, and/or ice cream.  Do they really need to drink their sugar too?

But I have to be honest.  I catch a lot of flack for it.  I am often asked, "What are the kids to drink?"  Um....water?

Ok, ok, I get that it's a party and parties should be festive.  But, I grew up drinking water and love water.  And I want my girls to love water.

That doesn't mean I can't make it fun...

Personalized water bottle labels are popping up all over etsy and on the party blogs.  You can find them in almost every theme.  I think these are adorable.

Being a frugal and green party girl, I like to make my own...from stuff I already have.  I took striped paper scraps and mailing labels I had on hand and created whimsical water bottles that also served as place cards.

The best part?  When you peel the label off the water bottle, the adhesive remains and you can re-use it to adhere your new label.  SUPER SIMPLE.

Believe it or not, the kids went wild for this WATER!!!  And not one person asked me where I hid the juice boxes.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! And this way you're not ending up w/ cups all over your house.

    ReplyDelete