Anyhoo...back to the planning. EVERYONE should do something for Halloween. It doesn't have to be elaborate or expensive...just FUN!
Here are some ideas for adult themed parties:
- Traditional dress up party- come on, dressing up is fun! This was witnessed at my recent 9-02-10 party. Who knew the 90s were such a bad clothing phase? I had forgotten.
- Themed dress up party- I had a great time at a Pimps and Hoes party once...sounds crass, but it was hilarious!
- Scavenger Hunt- while all the rest of the world is heading out for candy, send your guests in groups to do crazy things in public places- keep it clean people, the kids are out!- and have them video the stunts to show when meeting back at the house. Word to the wise- make sure you know how to hook the video feeds to your TV so you don't have a room full of people trying to look at one i-phone screen!
- Want to do something low-key? Invite some friends over to watch scary movies and have a popcorn bar with lots of yummy toppings
Here are some kid themed party ideas:
- Fall carnival- this doesn't have to be elaborate! Just set up a few stations for the kids to wander to: face painting is always a hit, pin the stem on the pumpkin, bobbing for apples- is that still pc in our germ phobic world?, make your own pumpkin scene with foam stickers.
- Dress up party- seriously, kids LOVE to dress up. Get some extra use out of those costumes, and create a fun photo op. Again, this doesn't have to be elaborate- don't get bogged down by details and let the moment pass you by. A simple playdate with a dress up party theme will have your kids talking for weeks!
- Pumpkin decorating- you can go all out and carve pumpkins, or you can just paint or even sticker decorate them. Oranges are a fun thing for kids to carve with not so sharp knives.
- Dress up and meet your friends at a nursing home. We have done this several times and everyone loves it- the kids get to dress up and get candy, and the residents love the show!
For invites, why not take advantage of some free invitation offers?
Make today matter and plan for some FUN this fall.
And don't just PLAN for FUN- have FUN PLANNING!